We published a regular Silicon Dale column in the Earth
Science Computer Applications (ESCA) newsletter, until its closure in July 2003. Further
articles will be available on this website and from time to time in other publications.
Full publication list
Articles published in ESCA and elsewhere are reproduced here (most recent at the top):-
- 2008: A Poly-Gaussian Regression Model to Locate and Quantify Multiple Anomalies in 3D Geochemical Exploration Data Applied Earth Science (Trans. Inst. Min. Metall. B) 2009, Vol 118, No 2, p.77-84, by A.I. Burago, V.A. Burago, N.G. Vlasov, and S. Henley
- 2006: The problem of missing data in geoscience databases (PDF) - as published in Computers & Geosciences (PDF format)
- 2005: The Man Who Wasn't There - as published in Computers & Geosciences (PDF format): paper on dealing with incomplete and missing data in relational databases
- More information on database management theory on www.g-exec.com and www.vmine.com
- ESCA Jul 2003 - Core Loss
- ESCA May 2003 - Mumbo Jumbo (of the Mumbo Jumbo kind) - and just look at Anomalies and Alternative Science resources - directory of Anomalies and Alternative Science related websites - to see what sort of nonsense we are up against.
- ESCA Apr 2003 - Open Source - The Business Model ?
- ESCA Mar 2003 - Mumbo Jumbo
- ESCA Feb 2003 - Spatial and temporal databases
- ESCA Jan 2003 - Maybe - Just Maybe: the problem of partially missing data
- ESCA Dec 2002 - The Man Who Wasn't There
- ESCA Nov 2002 - Parkinson's Law
- ESCA Oct 2002 - Where's the Killer Application ?
- ESCA Sep 2002 - 'Real' Geology and Computer Models
- ESCA Aug 2002 - Professional Accreditation for Resource/Reserve Modelling
- ESCA Jul 2002 - Geological Reasoning
- ESCA Jun 2002 - The Relational Database and Geological Inference
- ESCA May 2002 - Copyleft: The Great Giveaway
- ESCA Apr 2002 - XML and Databases
- ESCA Mar 2002 - Storage Media
- ESCA Feb 2002 - Bias is good !
- ESCA Jan 2002 - The true nugget effect ?
- ESCA Dec 2001 - Programming languages
- ESCA Nov 2001 - Measurement scales and geostatistics
- ESCA Oct 2001 - Distributions
- ESCA Sep 2001 - What's wrong with Indicator Kriging ?
- ESCA Aug 2001 - The importance of being stationary ?
- ESCA Jul 2001 - Random thoughts
- ESCA Jun 2001 - Some thoughts on discontinuities
- ESCA May 2001 - Procrustes and the Golden Fleece
- ESCA Apr 2001 - Database Management Systems and Data Models
- ESCA Mar 2001 - Geostatistics - cracks in the foundations ?
- ESCA Feb 2001 - Geo-Data Transfer Standards
- ESCA Jan 2001 - Models, Models,... (2) dynamic
- ESCA Dec 2000 - Models, Models,... (1) static
- ESCA Nov 2000 - IP protection - copyright, patents, trademarks, company names, and dot.coms
- ESCA Oct 2000 - Drillhole De-Surveying
- ESCA Sep 2000 - The Missing Data Problem
- ESCA Aug 2000 - The Russian system of resource/reserves classification
- ESCA Jul 2000 - G-Exec and the G-Experience
- ESCA Jun 2000 - Resources, Reserves, and Reality
- ESCA May 2000 - Whither Mining Software
- ESCA Apr 2000 - Hello World