Apart from her well-known health books, Jane Plant has published a large number of scientific papers in the fields
of geology and geochemistry, as well as co-authoring at least two scientific monographs, and she has also been an
active participant in major international conferences in the geosciences - most recently at the 2004 32nd International Geological Congress
in Florence, Italy, where she gave an invited plenary lecture on Chemicals in the environment.
Books and reports authored, co-authored, or edited by Jane include:-
British Geological Survey:-
- Voulvoulis, N., Skolout, J., Oates, C. & Plant, J., 2013. From chemical risk assessment to environmental resources management: the challenge for mining. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-12. DOI: 10.1007/s11356-013-1785-8
- Plant, J. A. and Davis, D.L., 2003. Sources and pathways of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). Skinner and Berger (Editors), Geology and Health. Oxford University Press.
- Plant, J. A., Jones, D.G. and Haslam, H.W. (Editors), 1999. The Cheshire Basin: evolution, fluid movement and mineral resources in a Permo-Triassic rift setting. BGS, 263 pp.
- Plant, J. A. and Jones, D.G. (Editors), 1999. Development of regional exploration criteria for buried carbonate-hosted mineral deposits: a multi-disciplinary study in northern England. BGS, 198 pp.
- Gunn, A.G. and Plant, J. A. (Editors), 1998. Multidataset analysis for the development of metallogenic/economic models and exploration criteria for gold deposits in Western Europe. BGS/European Union, 143 pp
- Plant and Hale (Editors),1994: Handbook of Exploration Geochemistry. Expert Series. Elsevier.
- Haslam, H.W. and Plant, J. A. (Editors), 1995. Granites, metallogeny, lineaments and rock-fluid interactions: a study of granites and associated rocks in the French and German Hercynides and the British Caledonides. Applied Geochemistry Series. British Geological Survey.
- Plant, J. A. and Appleton, J. D., 1995. National geochemical baseline data - relevance to planning and development. Geological Society of London, Environment Group Special Publication.
- Hale, M. and Plant, J. A. (Editors), 1994. Drainage geochemistry. Handbook of exploration geochemistry, Volume 6. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 766 pp.
- Haslam, H.W. and Plant, J. A. (Editors), 1990. Rock Geochemistry: Guidelines for the acquisition and interpretation of lithogeochemical data. Part 1: General. Part 2: Sedimentary rocks. BGS, 51 pp.
- Plant, J. A. and Jones, D.G. 1989. Metallogenic models and exploration criteria for buried carbonate-hosted ore deposits: a multidisciplinary study in Eastern England. IMM, London, 101 figs, 2 maps, 12 colour plates, 161 pp.
- Simpson, P.R., Plant, J. A. and Brown, G.M. (Editors), 1982. Uranium mineralogy and the geochemistry of natural radioelements in crystalline rocks. Mineral. Soc, London, 216 pp.
- Bowie, S.H. U., Fyfe, W.S., Ostle, D., Plant, J. A. and Simpson, P.R. (Editors), 1979. Theoretical and practical aspects of uranium geology. The Royal Society, London, 198 pp.
UK Parliament, Office of Science & Technology:-
- BGS geochemical atlases (principal author of the series 1978-1990 and direction of the series 1992-2000)
- Plant, J. A., 1993. The role of the British Geological Survey in the Minerals Industry, Report to the DTI.
- Plant, J. A. and Ridgway, J, 1990. Inventory of geochemical surveys of Western Europe. Geochemical Mapping of Western Europe towards the year 2000. Norges Geologiske Undersokelse Report 90-105, WEGS Working Group on Regional Geochemical Mapping.
- Plant, J. A., Morteani, G, Poty, B and al, 1990. Metallogeny related to granite-sediment fluid interactions and lineaments in the Caledonides and Hercynides, Report for the Commission of the European Communities, 184 p, 120 figs.
- Plant, J. A., 1989. Inorganic geochemistry, Chemistry in the sciences of the natural environment, A Review. NERC special publication.
- Plant, J. A. and Thornton, I, 1980. Epidemiology for geochemists, Report for the Royal Society working party on Environmental Geochemistry and Health, Part 1.
- Plant, J. A. and Thornton, I, 1980. Geochemical aspects of the rock-soil-plant-animal relationship: regional geochemical mapping and health in the United Kingdom, Report for the Royal Society working party on Environmental Geochemistry and Health, Part 2.
- Plant, J. A., Goode, G C and Carpenter, R, 1976. Epithermal neutron activation for determination of platinum group metals in exploration samples, International Atomic Energy Agency Report.
- Plant, J. A. and Goode, G C, 1972. Neutron activation analysis in exploration for noble metals, International Atomic Energy Agency Report.
- Plant, J. A., 1970. Distribution of gold in alluvium of Strath Halladale, Sutherland, Report for Sutherland County Council.
Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution
- Plant, J. A., 1997. Minerals, Land and the Natural Environment - the Foundation of Wealth, Technology Foresight: Progress through partnership. Natural Resources & Environment. Office of Science & Technology.
- Plant, J. A., 1997. Vision statement and key recommendations (contribution), Technology Foresight: Progress through partnership. Natural Resources & Environment. Office of Science & Technology.
Advisory Committee on Hazardous Substances (ACHS)
- 2001. The Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution 22nd Report. 'Energy - the changing climate.'
- 2002. The Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution 23rd report: 'Environmental Planning'.
- 2002. The Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution: 'The Environmental Effects of Civil Aircraft in Flight'. Special report.
- 2003. The Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution 24th report: 'Chemicals in products: Safeguarding the environment and human health'.
- 2003. Advisory Committee on Hazardous Substances (ACHS) Sixth Annual Report 2001-2002. Defra Publications (Department for Environmental Food & Rural Affairs).
- 2004. Advisory Committee on Hazardous Substances (ACHS) Seventh Annual Report 2002-2003. Defra Publications (Department for Environmental Food & Rural Affairs).
Click here for a full list of publications in Adobe Acrobat PDF format